Friday, 30 July 2010

Christmas In July

Well I finally gave in and made my first Christmas cards today. They were made using the new Cute Christmas collection from Flower Soft. And that's just what the images are. So far I have not added Glitter or Flower soft, but I'm sure that I will.

These cards are decoupaged, then mat and layered onto a plain white card. The sentiments (also on the CD) were then cut out and mounted onto silver mirri card cut with a Spellbinders nestie. I'm sure I will be making many more of these.

Wednesday, 28 July 2010

MCS Tattered Lace

Last night saw the launch of the new My Craft Studio Blockbuster, and I am very lucky to be on the sample makers team. I was sent a small portion of the vast amount of art work that is on the CDs and below are the samples that I made. Unfortunately the 5th card down has come out very blue in the photo, when in fact it was a beautiful teal colour. Here's run down of what I used.
The 1st, the topper I printed onto acetate and then used silver leaf on the reverse after running it through the Zyron. I finished it with some silver ribbon and a couple of flowers from my stash, which I sprayed with Crafters Companion Silver Sparkle.
2nd, I used my Martha Stewart punch and Nellie Snellen flower punch adding a flat back pearl to the centre of each flower.
3rd, I made the topper by sizing it to fit one a Spellbinders circle die and the matching it to a scalloped edge spellbinders die. The butterfly was made using a Marianne Creatable die, this I sprayed with Glimmer Mist before mounting onto the card and adding a few flat backed pearls.
4th, This was made with a piece of Centura Pearl card folded to make an A5 card. I then took one of the overlay images on the CD and made this a size to fit my card and printed it onto acetate. I wrapped this around the card and made a narrower wrap using a Martha Stewart edge punch, this I added some ribbon to, and then cut out Friend using my Cricut.
5th, This was made using one of the backing sheets, which I used the emboss feature and then cut a square using the digital punch feature to make a topper with just a small section. Then I coloured the backing sheet to match. I made a backing sheet using the new colour picker and cut a border and a square to mount my topper on again using a Martha Stewart punch. I finished by using flat back pearls in the scallop on the borders and a bit of ribbon.
6th, I colour matched the mat and layering sheet using the colour picker and then decoupaged the flower around the edge of the frame. Added a ribbon top and bottom and a few flat back pearls.

Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Handbag Card

I can't believe that it's been over a month since I last posted. I've been back from my holiday for over 2 weeks now. There has not been much time for crafting what with catching up on washing and ironing, sorting mum-in-laws carer problems, and visiting my sister in hospital. My sister seems to be making some progress and has put on about a stone now, best of all she is beginning to look better. She still has some very low days, but is keeping very positive.

Here is one of the cards that I did manage to make last week. This was for my daughter's partner's sister. I made it using the multi-bagz board from the Glitter Girls. I used card from Crafters Companion and some flowers that I have in my stash.