Followers

Wednesday 1 June 2011

CD Sunday - Say It With Scallops



We are half way through the week and I am only just posting my contribution to this weeks CD Sunday challenge. This week it's scallops. and I have decided to go with shells, these have a beautiful natural scallop shape to them. The CD I have used is Summerbreeze by Debbi Moore. I opened the CD and the took snapshots of the pages that had the images and backgrounds that I wanted to use, and then took them into MCS to crop and re size. I picked the shell shaped image and cropped it from the sheet, and re sized it so that it would fit nicely onto a 6 x 6 card, I then copied and pasted so that I had 5 layers. From another sheet I cropped and re sized a sentiment. Next I re sized the backing paper down to A5 size so that I would not loose to much if the design on it. I matted the backing paper onto some gold pearl card, and also the sentiment. After layering the image up I then added a swirl of pearls.

Thanks for looking, your kind comments are appreciated. 

Sue

7 comments:

Tess said...

Gorgeous card Sue. Just love those stunning pearls. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

Aquarius said...

That is a lovely image and a clever interpretation of 'scallops'. I expect most people will include scalloped edges to their cards or layers. Not tried any Debbie Moore CDs myself.

starcyl said...

Great idea here Sue and love the image, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jen said...

Lovely image, super card. The pearls are a great touch. Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week.
Jen x

Christine said...

Beautiful image and a fab layout. Love the pearls too. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card Sue, love the colours, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday this week, hugs Wendy x

Mistys Mum said...

Sue
That is a truly beautiful card.
What a brilliant idea to use the shell.
I really nust learn to think outside the box.