Followers

Saturday 24 September 2011

Steampunk

As some of you might of read in an earlier post, it is shortly my Daughters  Birthday, she turns 28 this year, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. For all the family's birthdays I get the job of making the cards for my Mother-in-law, so this is what I have made for her to give to my Daughter. Recently I bought 2 sets of steampunk stamps by Kanban from Create and Craft, and thought this was the ideal opportunity to use them. This is my first attempt at steampunk, but I'm quite pleased with the results.





First I stamped and embossed the dress with brass embossing powder, coloured it with promarkers then cut it out. Next I stamped one of the stands onto a plain white piece of card and embossed this in a black embossing powder, then I used Milled Lavender and Dusty Concorde distress inks to colour the background. Then giving the dress a bit of a shape I stuck it onto the background using Glue Gel. I mounted it onto some gold mirri card and used a corner punch on the corners. The backing paper is a download from Chocolate Baroque called Stucco Backgrounds/Brights, this I also used Dusty Concorde to distress the edges. I stamped around the edge of the backing paper with a stamps from the Steampunk Christmas stamps also from Chocolate Baroque, and a couple of the smaller stamps from the Kanban sets. I have been looking to buy the Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets set but have not been able to so far, so instead I have the Pinking circles, and although they are not cogs they don't look to bad. I then coloured some cream flowers with the same colour promarker that I used to colour the dress and added a black flat back pearl into the centres, with a couple of leaves from a Martha Stewart punch to finish.

I'm just hoping that she likes it.

Thanks for taking the time to look, your kind comments are appreciated.

Sue

2 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

This is beautiful I love it and I am sure your daughter will too I know what you mean about how fast the time goes doesn't seem 5 mins ago they were starting school does it makes me feel old lol I am in the process of doing a steam punk card to I hope it turns out a nice as this one enjoy the rest of the weekend
Jacki xx

Aquarius said...

This card is lovely and I'm sure it will be loved by the sender and the recipient. I couldn't resist this set of stamps when I spotted them the other day and I like your resourcefulness in using that circle die in place of sprockets.