Followers

Friday 23 March 2012

Harlequin Christmas

What a gorgeous day we've had today, I can't believe that it's still March. I even have 2 tulips that have just opened. Those who drop in here regularly will know that on a Friday I make something using products, stamps, etc that have been forgotten or neglected, and today it's the turn of the Christmas bits. After rummaging around it the back of the cupboard I found this stamp, that comes from a stamp sheet, Harlequin Christmas by Chocolate Baroque. I had a little play around to see how I was going to stamp them, and decided to go with this one. I stamped onto some glossy card stock with black stazon and then coloured with distress ink pads, by stippling with some brushes. The backing paper is from the Artylicious, Seasons Greetings CD and mounted onto some gold mirri card. The corner (made with an off cut of card from by bits box) is a Marianne die, the sentiment is computer generated and place behind a name plate from Tim Holtz's large label sizzix die. Be fore placing onto a white 6 x 6 card blank I laid some ribbon over the edge of the backing paper and stuck the baubles down with some silicone gel, and then just popped a small matching bow over the top. I now have another  Christmas card to add to my slowly growing collection.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, beautiful 'harlequin' card Love this sheet too!YThe background paper is great with it. If I had to do something with my neglectic or forgotten stamps....I have more work than a year, LOL! Sometimes I take just the time for looking at it and thinking ohhh ahhhhh, do you recognize that? warm greet Miranda

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Gorgeous Christmas card ! I have this set as well and love it. I really like how you have two ornaments together and it all goes well with the background. The gold Die-cuts are awesome as well. Take care, Shirley x ps.. nice you have tulips blooming..

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Sue, love those baubles, they are so pretty with the green and pink together. The gold accents on the card are a great finishing touch. I really like your Marianne die cut, it's a great design.
Thanks so much for joining in my Forgotten Friday post, Judith xx