Followers

Saturday 7 April 2012

Forgotten Friday - True Love

This month my in laws celebrate their 63rd Wedding Anniversary, and I get the job of making the cards that they give to each other.  While rummaging through the cupboard to see what I would use for this weeks forgotten project, I found this stamps sheet, Damask Hearts from Chocolate Baroque, I can't remember the last time that I used this set so they more than qualify. This is the card that I have made for MIL to give to FIL, I didn't want to make something that ended up too flowery. I started with a cream 8 x 8 card base, and picked some brown and cream card stock to work with. I stamped the hearts onto the cream and embossed with gold embossing powder, after cutting them out I worked some tea dye distress ink around the edges. Next I took another piece of cream card and just rubbed the versamark ink pad along the edge of the card, dipped the edges into the gold embossing powder and embossed (it does not show well in the photo). Again I went around the edge with the tea dye, and stamped the words My true love, I mounted the hearts onto this and then mounted it onto some brown card. With yet another piece of cream card and repeated the embossing and inking to this, then with one of the small stamps from the set I went around the edges of the card using, you've guessed, tea dye. After mounting this onto some more brown card I mounted it all onto the cream card base. I know MIL will like this as browns and beige's are her favourite colours.




I hope that you are having a wonderful Easter, and thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

3 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! What a gorgeous & rich-looking card ! I love the browns and gold embossing, including the edge. The printing on the sentiment is beautiful. Love the heart stamp, I have something similiar from Impression Obsession - thanks for the inspiration ! Our Easter celebration was yesterday, just relaxing today out in the gardens. I hope the Easter Bunny is good to you ! Shirley x

starcyl said...

Sue this is superb, I think it's a perfect card to give to a guy and it's just the kind of thing I'd give to my OH so I may try to remember this one when I have to make one for him.
hope you're enjoying the Easter holiday.
Jenny xx

Aquarius said...

This is beautiful and yes these heart stamps are really good for anniversary cards - I often use them in various ways. They look really good in this colourway with the gold embossing too. Enjoy the rest of the weekend - grey and damp here so guess what I might be doing today??