Followers

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Echos Of Italy


The challenge over at the For Your Inspiration blog at the moment is this beautiful picture, and as soon as I saw it I knew what stamps I was going to use. As these stamps have never been inked before they also qualify for Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge as well. I'm glad to say that as I'm typing this the sky outside does match the photo, how long for is anyone's guess.



I stamped the image and coloured it using aqua pencils, then using an xcut die, cut out the image and a larger one in Centura pearl card for matting. I then used Broken China Distress Ink, and blended a little around the edge. Next I took a pale blue piece of card slightly smaller than A5 and again blended Broken China DI around the edge of that, working it into the centre a bit more. I then place some royal blur ribbon across the centre and some corners, cut from a Cherry Lyn die, onto the corners. Finally I place all of this onto an A5 white card base. I've decided at this point not to put a sentiment on the card, as it will go into my store cupboard, but looking at it I think it will make an ideal retirement card.


Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card and I can see how the photo made you think of those stamps - what a shame they've been uninked until now but I'm sue they will come out again. This is a set I don't have ...yet!!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue - Wowzer ! Gorgeous card, I love the image and what a great match with the photo inspiration. Awesome work with the colouring and design. Glad to hear that you have blue skies today :) We are enjoying great weather as well. Enjoy ! Shirleyx

judith@poppy cottage said...

The photo is gorgeous, and so is your card Sue. I love those stamps from Chocolate Baroque, as Italy is my favourite holiday destination. We are off again there this year! I loved working with these stamps as a DT member, and the crackle stamp from the set is always sneaking into my projects. I love your 'blue' treatment of this image, it's lovely and fresh. It would make a fabulous retirement card. The white border frames the image perfectly. Thanks so much for joinning in Forgotten Friday this week, Judith xx

Michelle said...

Gorgeous work, Sue! Such a great interpretation of the photo inspiration! Thanks for joining us at FYI!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is amazing! LOVE that scene--gorgeous colors! A stunning creation!!! I invite you come and join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see what you'd create!!! :)

dstandard said...

What a beautiful take on the photo inspiration! Thanks for playing this week at FYI!

Deanna said...

This is just Gorgeous love the scene!

Sara Mac said...

Just perfect for the challenge! Love it. So glad you joined us at FYI.

rudlis said...

OMG this is so beautiful. Simple yet elegant, I love it! Thanks for joining in at FYI! Hope to see you again.