Followers

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Pan Pastels And Fantasy

Today I've had the Pan Pastels out playing with them, along with my Lavinia stamps. I was quite pleased with the results so have decided to enter it into the My Time To Craft challenge this week, which just happens to be fantasy. I started with a 14x14 cm piece of white card, and used pink tint for the sky and violet tint for the ground, I used a very little of violet to just darken the tops of the hills. Then using a versamark ink pad I stamped the fairy, I used a small make up applicator to dab across the top of this with the violet. Next I added the branches, dandelion, mushrooms, and dragonflies, again with the versamark and this time dabbed the violet tint across the surface. The versamark picks up the pastel and leaves it a deeper shade, just enough to give a lovely pale colour. I then added some small stars around the fairy and dragonflies, added some glitter, I also added some to the branches. As I don't have any sealer for the Pan Pastels, I sprayed some hairspray into the air and waffted the picture through it in the hope that it will work as well. I mounted it onto some silver mirri card and then onto a 6x6 inch card base, and added some flowers from my stash.



Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

6 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

HI Sue ! Another gorgeous creation, love it ! The soft colour is so pretty & mysterious. I have to check out the Lavinia stamps, I love what I've seen at your blog :) I hope your week is going well, Shirleyx

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, you did a lovely play with the PP's and the Lavinia stamps, they are made for each other! It has an ethereal sphere! warm greet Mirandax

Beryl said...

This is a beautiful scene you have created with your Pan Pastels and Lavinia stamps. Lovely colour scheme and fab stamping.
Beryl xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, love the layout & colour!

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Michelle J M said...

Sue this is lovely, so magical and soft. Fabulous! Michelle x

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful card, I love the design and colour. Good luck with the challenge at MTTC - Helen DT xx