Followers

Thursday 30 August 2012

Christmas Card Batch

A few weeks ago I bought the new Traditional Snow globe CD from Flowersoft, and this week I decided it was time to start making some Christmas cards. I have made some already which I have entered into various challenges, but as Christmas  has  habit of creeping up on me all of a sudden, I thought I would get a bit of a head start. The first batch of cards I've made were using the snow globe cards and domes that came with the CD. The images were cut out and decoupaged, put together using glue gel, and when dry I added some glitter. Before putting the globe into the cards I put some Polar White flowersoft inside. I added the sentiment, which was also from Flowersoft, but this time from the Magic of Christmas stamps, these I embossed with silver embossing powder. After putting the globes into the cards I added some peel offs around the edge, and added some die cut holly leaves with a small red bow.



As the globes and cards tend to be on the expensive side I had a little play with the next batch, and cut some frames with the Elegant Edges cricut cartridge. These I cut in white card and coloured with distress inks and a blending tool. The corners on the cards were stamped using the holly corner that is on the stamp sheet with the sentiments used on the last batch, I stamped them with Pine Needles distress ink and then added the holly berries with a promarker. The sentiment comes from a discontinued stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. The card that has the snowflakes on was stamped using a snowflake stamp from the new Christmas stamps from Chocolate Baroque, these gorgeous stamps are on special offer at the moment do go and check them out. I added a gem into the centre of the snowflake. I think that the second batch looks just as good even though they are not in the globes.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

5 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

WOW Sue ! You've managed to get a lot of Christmas card created ! They are all beautiful and the snow globes are so cool ! The sentiments on the first batch are especially beautiful ! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Scrap Affair said...

Those are all so beautiful!

Kim x said...

These are wonderful Sue. I know exactly what you mean about Christmas creeping up on us, I can't believe that it is nearly September already.
Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comments they are always appreciated.
hugs Kimx

Aquarius said...

Goodness you have been busy and both versions are brilliant in their own way. The snow globes won't be too easy to post I imagine but they do look good.

Adrienne Crist said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, thought I would return the favor and glad I did! These Christmas cards are amazing! I'm such a sucker for tiny details and these just blew me away, they ar just so beautiful .

Blessings,

Adrienne