Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Schools Out

The challenge over at the Pan Pastel blog this week is Schools Out or Buttons and Bows. As I had this stamp sitting in my cupboard just begging to be used I went with Schools Out. I stamped it out onto white card and coloured with pro markers, then cut out with an x-cut shape, while it was still in the frame I used some tumbled glass distress ink around the edge. I then place the die onto the matting card and drew around the outside, to give it a mat that was the right size. The backing papers are from Bearly Mine Designs, mounted onto the same card as the image. I added some ribbon and then a bow across the middle of the card, then all of this was then mounted onto a 6x6 white card base. Finally I added some matching card candi to the corners. I've not added a sentiment at the moment, I'll add it later when I know who the card will be sent to.



Thank you for taking the time to look. Your kind comments are always appreciated.

Sue

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the colours in this card Sue, Love Faye Whitaker stamps must use mine a little more x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

HI Sue, I also love the vibrant colours on this card. What a great image ! I sure would love to see your stamp collection, you have such a great selection of beautiful images. Great colouring & design again ! :) Hope you are having a great day, Shirleyx

ps.. just back from an hour walk, I'm well on my way to getting back to 'normal' but wow, talk about sweat, it's hot again !

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is so lovely and beautiful Sue. Love the firbant colors and the whole layout.
Lovely greet
Marja

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A fab card and a lovely image for the schools out theme. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Claire said...

Hi Sue, gorgeous card and ?I love that image, really beautiful and perfect for our challenge at PanPastel UK. Thanks for playing along, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx