Followers

Tuesday 25 September 2012

Forgotten Friday And Another Fairy Scene

Next month is the month that I have the most Birthday cards to make, mainly for family but also for friends as well. This one that I'm showing today I have made for my Daughter (she doesn't read my blog, so I feel quite safe placing it on here now), I can't believe that she'll be 29 this year. I'm also going to enter this into Judith's Forgotten Friday challenge, as I've used some previously unused stamps on this. The background was made with sprinky sprays and distress stains, by putting the inks and stains onto my craft mat and placing the card stock on top. When dry I sprayed with a gold glimmer mist, after allowing to dry I then created some hills with distress ink and mask. I made a circle in a piece of card with a spellbinders circle and placed a sun in the background , low in the sky to make it look like the sun is setting. Next using Lavinia stamps I added some trees, the hobbits door the stag, two fairies, the birds, the maple leaves and toadstools, I coloured the hobbits door and the trees with promarkers. Then using stamps from Chocolate Baroque, Autumn Hedgerow and Nature Table, that I've had for a couple of years, they have sat neglected in the bottom of the cupboard and unused until now. I used a Sekura stardust pen and a little glitter on the fairies wings and the fairy dust. This was then mounted onto some gold mirri card, and a large green card base. Finally I finished with a sentiment made on the PC and coloured to match the card. I am also going to enter this card into the Ladybug Crafts challenge, Anything Goes and Craft A Scene, Trees, Trees, Trees.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments that are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Sue ! Gorgeous card & scene, the autumn leaves are a nice touch - great work ! Love those Lavinia stamps, and just received a few yesterday, including the Tree Goddess, love her :) I have her out on my desk, hope to do something with her soon. I hope you are having a great week, Shirleyxx

Miranda said...

Hi Sue, again such a lovely scenery! Those stamps are great! And your creation also, warm greet Miranda

Beryl said...

This is fabulous Sue. Amazing how many individual stamps you use to create this lovely scene. You background is gorgeous too.
Beryl xx

Aquarius said...

Love the scene you've created and such imaginative use of the various stamps - great.

judith@poppy cottage said...

This is lovely Sue, your Daughter is bound to be over the moon with it. I have most of these stamps to be fair, and like you, I don't use them very often. My Hobbit's door has not been inked yet, and it is such a gorgeous stamp. I love the Autumnal twist on the card, it really is quite special.
Thanks so much for joining in my Forgotten Friday post this week, Judith xx

Scrap Affair said...

This card gives off a fairy tale feeling, very magical
Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft a Scene.
Nadia

brenda said...

Absolutely fabulous colour palette Sue and great use of the Lavinia fairies.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

B x

NancyD said...

Great whimsical card. Love the colors and the fairies too. Thank you for joining our trees challenge at Craft a Scene. NancyD

Gail said...

Wow, wonderful card!