Followers

Thursday 4 October 2012

CD Sunday - Tea Time

This week the challenge over on the CD Sunday blog is Tea Time, and this week I've used Crafter's Companion Moorheads. I love this image of two friends sitting down and having tea and cake, and a good natter, even the cat is there waiting for a saucer of milk. The topper for this came from the card companions section on the CD, which included the sentiment and flowers for embellishment. I cut out what I wanted for the card from this to start with and picked a co-ordinating piece of card for the matting. I then printed a backing paper from the co-ordinating section and using a 6x6 white card base matted and layered the backing paper. With another piece of the co-ordinating card I used a Martha Stewart punch and punched down both sides if the card, then taking a piece of white card I made another piece slightly smaller and layered across the middle of the card with some organza ribbon wrapped around it. I layered the sentiment onto the same two colours of card and popped onto the top corner. I placed the topper onto foam pads and put this to one side in the middle. I added a matching bow to the ribbon, some leaves cut using a crealie die, and flowers that were cut from the companions sheet. Finally I added some flat backed pearls to the centres of the flowers and also to two of the corners.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments that are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

That's a sweet image and so many pretty elements on this card

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card sue, I like the sweet image and the layout,Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week.
Kevin xx CD Sunday GDT

Christine said...

This is gorgeous Sue, I love the image and your layout is fabulous. Beautiful colour choice too, Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

What a great card Sue. What a lot of work as well. I felt quite tired as I read how you had made it. Beautiful.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue ! Such a Sweet card with the adorable image. Beautiful layering, papers & embellishments. Great for a 'Tea Friend' :) Enjoy your weekend ! Shirleyx

Jocelyn said...

That is sweet. I love the blue and green together and all the punches and die cuts.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

A lot of work Sue and a fabulous end result. Great layering and die's . Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Such a gorgeous card Sue - love the image and the design.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A beautiful designed card, loving the pretty additional elements. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz