Followers

Monday 21 October 2013

Fun Filled Weekend - Part 2

I'm back again with the second instalment of my weekend with Eileen Godwin, this time with Sunday's workshop which was all about journalling. I have long wanted to start a journal but not knowing really how to start, so as soon as I saw that Eileen was running a workshop for this on the Sunday I put my name on the list to attend. On Sunday morning I turned up at the Village Hall, and out of 10 of us 8 had as yet unused journals. Eileen gave us a demo of the sort of things she liked to do in her own journal and how to make a splat with distress stains. Next it was our turn, so armed with some distress stains we all got splatting. Below is my first page, after splatting I used a stencil and distress inks. I felt it need a little lift, so went around where the stencil had been with a black distress marker. I then add the stamped words before finally putting some white acrylic paint circles on the page.



My second page I was not very happy with to start with, but it has grown on me. I did consider tearing the page out, but in the end I left it. Again I did the distress stain splats, and a Tim Holtz stencil with which I added some lines with distress ink. I used a Tim Holtz stamp set for the Butterfly's, and with another stencil added some flowers at the bottom.


After doing two pages inside the book, I took a look at my covers these were white but I felt that they would not stay that way long if I continued to get inky fingers. On the Saturday I had really enjoy the technique that Eileen had shown us using acrylic paint bring it down the page in stripes, but leaving white space at the bottom. It was nice, bright and very colourful and would hide any fingerprints, I hope. I also used the same London set that I had used the day before, along with the bitty grunge set. The words I used came from a Wendy Vechi set that was for journalling.


Of course I had to give the back page the same treatment as the front. I used the enamel accents to finish them both off, and as they took some time to dry I had to leave the book out flat.


So while that was drying I had another play with splats, distress inks and some of the new Stamps by Ryn. This is about the same size as the pages in my journal, so I will try and add it at some point.


All too soon my weekend of crafting was at an end, but I had so much fun. It was great to see what everyone else had done during the day, and they were all different. I'm going back next month for the journalling workshop, I can't wait to find out what we'll be doing then.

Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, your AJ pages turned out fantastic! They are all beautiful, your covers are excellent as well. Great colors and combination of images, looks like you had a great fun all weekend ! Take care, Shirleyx

Beryl said...

Lovely pages Sue. You really are of to a good start. Hope you keep it up.
Beryl xx

Sally H said...

Wow, Sue! These are stunning! LOVE them all! Sounds like you had a wonderful time

Aquarius said...

Thanks for sharing your journal pages - they are brilliant and I love the splats!! This is something I've not done but should launch into it I reckon.

rachel said...

om word Sue - these are fabulous - really fancy journaling but have never done any really - brilliant work and so inspirational! Hugs Rachel x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

WOW what awesome result of visiting the workshop. Love the colorful pages all. My fav is the first.
Big hugs Anja

Sarn said...

These are all terrific pages/covers of your Art Journal Sue. As you know, I took inspiration from you with the first pages you've posted here and had a go at black outlining a mask on one of my own pages. Love the colourful AJ covers. Your last page makes great use of those pretty Ryn stamps.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Michelle J M said...

Stunning journal Sue. I have been so busy making one for my daughter. I have put words of inspiration and some funny quotes on each page and decorated with flowers etc. Only have a few pages to go now thankfully. Michelle x