Followers

Monday 10 February 2014

Fantastic Day Out

Sunday morning my alarm clock sang out at me at 6.30 a.m. Just as I was about to turn over I remembered that I was going to Kent to attend another of Eileen Godwin's wonderful Journal Workshops.With Eileen, there we only five of us but what a fantastic day we had. I'd gone armed with my Gelli plate and a lemon, both of which Eileen said we would be using. However once there Eileen showed us two wonderful projects, one she made while attending a workshop held by the talented Karen Buckle, and one Eileen had made herself very similar but using a different technique that she found on You Tube. Both were stunning and of coarse we wanted to know how she had made them. She gave us a rough idea on Karen's method and then set about instructing us how she made the second. What better way could there have been than getting our hands dirty and trying it out for our self's. I'm not going to go into lengthy details but it involved, White Card stock, Embossing Folders, Black Gesso, Glue and Seal and Inka Gold paints, oh and some die cuts. The picture below was my result, which was done in my new larger Art Journal. Eileen has posted the other three ladies pages on her blog, we all done some thing different so do pop over and take a look and don't forget to take a look at Eileen's project that she made, or Karen's workshop photo's. Needless to say the Gelli plates were put away unused.



Thank you for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Mistys Mum said...

That is absolutely fantastic. I have just got started on mixed media & love it. x

Miranda said...

Great work of art Sue, I've looked at it at Eileen's blog and can imagine that this workshop must be fun! Mirandaxx

Hellen Pearce said...

oooh Sue - what a fab journal page! So sorry I wasn't able to come- especially as you had so much fun ! x

Jo said...

Oh, this is just fab....bet it was great fun to do.......and what a great reason to get up at 6.30!
hugs Jo x

rachel said...

absolutely stunning Sue - what a wonderful make - I love it to pieces! You're so lucky being able to go on Eileen's workshops - I wish she would do some in the NW!!! Hugs rachel x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow that is gorgeous ! I would have loved to take the workshop as well :) Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

What a creation! The colours and texture are fabulous. It sounds like you had a great day. Michelle x