Followers

Saturday 10 May 2014

A Taste Of India

I love all of Sheena Douglas's gorgeous stamps and the Taste Of India stamps and embossing folders were no exception. So I bought them, cut them out ready to go and then they sat on the worktop ready to go. So yesterday I cleared a space, dug out the card and made this. It is for my husbands Brother-in-law, who's birthday next month. He and my Sister-in-law love holidaying in Goa, so this seem rather appropriate. I used two of the embossing folders and the large elephants stamp, along with some twinkling H2o's, guilding wax, distress ink pads, a little luminate gold paint and a sentiment which was from a Fiskers set of birthday sentiments..



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

That card is very apt for someone who visits Goa - love the Indian stamps, folders etc but so far have resisted buying them!!

NancyD said...

Wow, those embossing folders and elephant are perfect fit for this card. Looks really great Sue. NancyD

Hellen Pearce said...

fabulous colours Sue, what a beautiful card you've made x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful design Sue, the colours are fabulous, perfect with the theme. The embossing is wonderful. I hope you are enjoying the weekend, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

Beautiful! I love the way you have used two embossing folders, so effective and not to mention the stunning colours you have used to make a really gorgeous card. Michelle x

craftimamma said...

Wow, Sue this is wonderful! The light effect you have achieved on the top embossed panel is really clever and so effective. Perfect colours too and the bckground creates exactly the right atmosphere. Bet Hubby's BIL is going to love it.

Thanks so much for your lovely comments recently. I'm way behind again as Hubby had an op a few weeks ago and ended up back in hospital with a clot on his lung which caused pleurisy. He's home now but can't do much at the moment so hardly any spare time over past month or so. Should start getting better soon I hope :-)

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Dora said...

beautiful! I like the background also. beautiful done with the colours shade.

maria's knutselplezier said...

This looks magical , I love the way you made the background , very beautifull colour use!!!Great image!!!

Greetings
Maria