Followers

Monday 29 September 2014

A Birthday Card For a Male

I was asked last week if I could make a birthday card for a 40 year old male who loves golf. This was what I came up with and it just happens to fit with the challenge over on the CD Sunday blog this fortnight, which is A Birthday card For A Male. This is an 8x8 card base and the image and background are from La Pashe The Big One CD. I took the images into MCS and resized the background until I could crop out the bit that I wanted to use, placed onto some green card for matting. I also wrote the sentiment in MCS and printed it onto the background. The golfer was resized slightly to fit with the proportions of the background and I popped the layers together with glue gel.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card, Sue, just love this awesome male card with gorgeous colours and rather manly image used here...xx
The Journey is the Start

Carol said...

A fantastic card Sue. I am sure the recipient is going to love it.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Aquarius said...

This is a lovely humorous card, clever use of MCS to get it just right.

Wynn said...

This is very funny Sue. Do you think his partner will ever get out of that bunker. Anyone mad will love this card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Wynn said...

Sorry should have read ,mad about golf, not mad lol! Blogger doesn't,t let me correct errors when I use iPad ....sorry xxx

NancyD said...

That is a great image Sue. Love the coloring! NancyD

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow what a fantastic male card, I love the gay in the front, but your background is stunning too!!! Great image and colours!!

Greetings
Maria

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Fantastic birthday card, it's perfect for the Golfer! Great work with the images and resizing etc. Take good care, Shirleyx

Michelle J M said...

I never get tired of these images from La Pashe. They always bring a smile to my face! Stunning card as always Sue, I am sure Dean will love it. Michelle x

sue-b said...

Love this Sue, right down to the little mole, Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday,
sue-b DT xx

Margarets designer cards said...

I love this card, a great image, and La Pashe have some really great images this has to be one of the best.
Margaret

Jocelyn said...

What a great card for a golfer and I know quite few for whom the game also involves quantities of beer as well! Fabulous.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A clever compilation of various images, creation a fabulous scene. A great card. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Christine said...

This is a super card and I know a friend you would appreciate a 'golfing' card like this. Great layout and use of different programs in designing it.
Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT