Followers

Sunday 29 November 2015

Thomas Kinkade For Special Friends

Every year a friend asks me to make a card for friends of his family in Ireland and this year was just the same. As the people to receive the card are huge Thomas Kinkade fans (as I am) each year I try to make a different card. This is my effort for this years card, a beautiful church nestled in the valley, with a footpath winding through the snow. The topper has been decoupaged and mounted onto some textured silver card, before being mounted onto the backing paper. The die is a Sue Wilson die which I cut in card and then sprayed with stick and spray and covered in glitter.



Thank you for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Hettie said...

WOW!!! This is a beautiful card Sue. I know a friend of mine will love this too and she is Irish. I would not mind receiving this either!!
Hugs
xx

rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous Sue - such a pretty image and I adore that poinsettia - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

A beautiful card Sue. I have to confess to not being a huge fan of Kinkade but I do like this one very much.
Carol
xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card and layout Sue, the image is stunning. Take good care, Shirleyxx

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card using an amazing TK image - they are superb ones to work with

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Lovely to see you back Sue and I'm sure that your friend will be thrilled with this card, it's wonderful. Thank you for the kind comments that you left on my blog x

Jacee said...

So lovely Sue, love the image, such great colours!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

KandA said...

Such a beautiful card Sue. Love the Thomas Kinkade decoupage and gorgous poinsettia xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The image is so beautiful Sue, enjoy the weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Dora said...

Beautiful card!!

Felicie said...

Absolutely beautiful.
Greetings
Felicie

Julie Smith said...

Thanks for your lovely comment earlier Sue, I must say this Thomas Kinkade design is beautiful and the poinsettia die cut sets it off brilliantly xx

Sally H said...

So Beautiful! Gorgeous colours and the Die cut is so delicate! Wonderful!

maria's knutselplezier said...

What an amazing card, it looks so piecefull , just the way a cheristmas card has to be!!!I love the colours and the image!!! Have a nice and piecefull christmastime and enjoy dear Sue!!

Greetings
Maria