Followers

Monday 10 July 2017

The Fairy Treehouse

When I saw the current challenge over at the Allsorts Challenge blog my first thought was my Lavinia Stamps, but then I remembered that I had this Tree house stamp and wee sets of stamps from Clarity Stamps. So I had a rummage in the cupboard and got the stamps out and made this card. The Tree house stamp comes with it's own mask so I started by stamping this first, then popping the mask over the top and then making the background. I used Clarity masks for this as well, along with Distress inks. I used stamps from the Wee Trees set, the Wee Foliage and the Wee Fairy's sets before taking the mask off  and colouring the Tree house using pencils. I used a clear sparkle pen on the fairy's wings and gold sparkle on the Tree house windows, then just a few random dots in the sky for stars using a white pen. Finally I went around the edge of the card with an embossing pen and embossed using a blue sparkle embossing powder.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

Oh Sue this is fabulous and you've done a great job with masking and the scene is brilliant. I've not seen this stamp before but the house is fantastic - defies gravity I'd say.

Joan said...

A lovely fantasy scene Sue, love that higgledypiggledy house and the sweet fairies

Joan


aussie aNNie said...

We seem to have same taste Sue, I too have this stamp but not used it much. Looking fabulous here.xx [aNNie]

brenda said...

What a fun house Sue, never seen it before and like the way you have built the scene with the fairies hovering around their abode. Many thanks for joining our Magical and Mythical theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Liz said...

What a super scene you've created, Sue! Love the Tree House, perfect for all those little fairies to live in. xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Sue, you have created a wonderful scene.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy L said...

What a delightful tree house, gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this time, xxxx

rachel said...

absolutely fab Sue - you've reminded me that I have this stamp - uninked - naughty naughty! Gorgeous scene! Hugs rachel x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful scenery dear Sue, I love the house and the Elfs, great, gorgious card!!
Greetings
Maria

Janice said...

Such a beautiful card Sue, you have created a truly magical scene.
Janice x

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Sue. You've created a magical scene. Barbxx

Darnell said...

What a brilliant fairy scene you have created, Sue! How cool that the stamp comes with a mask! And what a great tip about running an embossing pen around the edge and embossing it! Thank you for that!! Hugs, Darnell

Sarn said...

Love the scene you have created Sue. What a great idea to have a pre-made mask from the manufacturer.

Hugs, Sarn xxx